Modern technology is constantly changing how we approach and provide treatment in the dental industry. At Berkers Family Dentistry, we’re proud of our efforts to utilize cutting edge technology and tools in our practice to deliver the highest quality dental experience possible for our patients. On that note, we’ve got some very exciting news to share! We have purchased and will be integrating into our practice a new tool called the 3Shape TRIOS Intraoral Scanner!
Dental impressions have always typically required a physical impression of a patient’s mouth, which is then sent to a laboratory to assist in the creation of retainers, etc. Extremely messy and, generally, not all that comfortable for the patient, this old process has quite literally been a pain for most.
We now have the ability to scan a patient’s teeth and simply email the digital impressions. With the 3Shape TRIOS Intraoral Scanner, gathering an oral impression has become a quick, painless process!
Some additional benefits include:
- Scans can immediately be sent to labs (even for services like Invisalign) right away to begin the fabrication process
- It should help reduce the number of appointments necessary to help treat our patients
- The scans are incredibly accurate, which will help reduce the number of “remakes” on retainers that weren’t quite right the first time
- Way more comfortable than the traditional method of molding
- Better patient communications – Most patients find that after seeing an up-close view of their dental impressions, they have a better understanding of the condition of their teeth
We’re looking forward to introducing this new scanner and continuing to provide our patients with compassionate, quality dentistry! A key goal of our practice is to create an exceptional dental experience that not only provides top-notch medical treatment but is also as comfortable as possible. The 3Shape TRIOS Intraoral scanner goes a long way to help us achieve that goal for you!
If you have any questions about the newest addition to Berkers Family Dentistry or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us: https://berkersfamilydentistry.com/request-an-appointment/