I sincerely hope this update finds you and your family in great health, both physically and emotionally. Your patience is appreciated as we re-design our schedule for your health and safety. Here is what you need to know:
Facility change and improvement
- The office is new and the ventilation system is up to date and draws air from outside which minimized recirculation of aerosols.
- Each operatory has doors to isolate any aerosol generating procedures.
- Air Purifiers – These units are in each operatory.
- DrySheild suction units – These suction units create a barrier and have an attached mouth prop to help add to your comfort and isolation while dental treatment is performed and again reduce aerosols.
Changes in Operations
- We will be asking that you bring a mask to wear at all times in the office when not in treatment.
- We will be keeping the temperature in the office cooler than usual, so dress appropriately for your comfort.
- We ask that your only bring yourself and keep any additional family members who do not have an appointment at home if possible. Our goal is to keep our reception area as void of people as possible.
- Once arriving, we ask that you wait in your car until we contact you and tell you we are ready.
- We ask that you sanitize or wash your hands upon entering the building.
- Upon check in at the front desk, you will have your temperature taken and asked a few precautionary questions regarding symptoms of or exposure to Covid19.
- You will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
- Before any treatment, you will be asked to rinse with a mouthwash.
- We will be staggering appointment times when possible and be mindful of scheduling patients to better create social distance inside the building.
- Greater time between appointments will allow for additional disinfecting procedures.
- Social distance markers and reminders are in place.
- There is a designate direction of travel though the office.
Changes in PPE
- In order to reduce our potential exposure and yours, we have increased our PPE.
- All front office team members will wear a mask.
- The front desk will have barriers in front of their workstations.
- All clinical team members will wear either an N95/KN95 mask PLUS a surgical mask over that during aerosol procedures.
- We have face shields that can be worn in addition to our masks and glasses when necessary.
- We have additional water-repellent outer jackets that will be worn over our scrubs and we will be changing after aerosol procedures or throughout the day.
- All staff lab jackets and scrubs are laundered in the office.
Staff Exposure Protocol
- The office will be following the ADA protocols/flow chart to address staff exposure, whether work related or not. The flow chart can be found here for reference.
- Any staff member exposed to a Covid+ individual, patient or family, will be tested TWICE with a negative result BEFORE returning to work.
As always, your trust in us is paramount and incredibly valuable. While these changes have been costly at a time when we are economically impacted by Covid19, we feel strongly about keeping you safe and giving you peace of mind as you return for your dental care. We are excited about the advances in technology and safety that we all will benefit from, now and in the future. Thank you so much for reading through all of this information and we can’t wait to see you!
Dr. Berkers, Dr. Moeller and the entire staff at Berkers Family Dentistry